Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Freedom of speech......for dinner!



Today is national Chik-fil-A appreciation day. We did our part and by our part I mean we supported our right and supported another's right to the First amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America~FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I have nothing against gay marriage or gay people at all, my view on marriage is askew from the normal meaning, I believe this country has no values behind the word marriage, many use the word divorce more than marriage in my opinion. Marriage in this country is nothing more than a mere piece of paper. To me marriage is something you practice everyday, every moment of your life with another, whether it is with a man or women is entitled to you. So for someone to come out and say he is against gay marriage and you to boycott his company or even worse, say they are not allowed in a certain city, is not the way of what this country was founded on. We are all different, what we need more of in this country is understanding that we all are! And let it be that way. Rise above all this and let us be who we are, even if our views are different, gay or straight, old or young, get over it people, and live life the way you desire!

2 comments:

seiplea said...

I agree 100%..if Devon didn't have my car at work all day we would be having freedom of speech for dinner too..but that's okay we will support them another day and every day for as long as we can!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful sentiment. I do not advocate for same sex marriage, but I do not hate those who advocate for it. It is a difference of our view points as far as I am concerned. But to try to drown out each others voices is what angers me. State your side, I will state mine, and then let's get on with the business of helping others and protecting life. Whether or not I accept another person's view of marriage should not matter to them, It's what they accept that should matter to them. I do wish society would value commitment and loyalty more. But with the trash that comes out of certain corners of our culture, it is getting harder and harder to keep society from a downward spiral.