This past Monday, all three girls, Jamie and I had a wonderful trip up to NYC to the American Girl Doll Place and Cafe. First, I must thank my mom dearly, for she took on the daunting task of watching the 6 boys, not an easy task I must say. She got Sawyer off to Kindergarten and greeted them when they came home. She made them dinner and even straightened up afterwards. They did give her a hard time going to bed, one little Leif was still awake when we arrived home at 10pm! All and all not too bad. Back to the trip....we left around 11 and arrived around 1. Of course, we made a little stop at a yarn shop, Knitty City, which was heavenly. Not enough time to spent to look at all the glorious, wonderful yarn, but I did manage to snag 3 skeins of Madelinetosh....oh, I wanted about 10 more, but this trip was for the girls, so I grabbed my 3 and we were back on track to our final destination. The girls had a blast looking at all the American Girl Dolls and merchandise. They got to see it all and then some in person, not just in a catalog. A while back, I believe early November , I had made reservations for us to dine in the Cafe for Tea Time. It was divine! The memories made there I will hold dear to my heart forever. I would love to make this a tradition with the girls, might be a bit hard some years, for they will grow up way to fast and we are just around the corner of a teenage girl who will one day not want to step foot in there......or maybe not. Only time will tell. But that day was filled with a wonderful memory I shall treasure dearly!

Eve

Tessa
Maeve
Maeve loving her cookie




Of course, we stopped at Rockefeller Plaza. Eve and Tessa wanted to skate, but we had to get home. Maybe next time, what a wonderful excuse to go again?

The next night enchanted us with the beautiful Christmas concert. Lovely it was.

Eve was fortunate to announce one of her most favorite pieces of music, Carol of the Bells{also known as the "Ukrainian Bell Carol"}. She did not know she was the lucky one whom was chosen for the task till that day~lucky girl and she loved it. Great job done!
Griffen, lulled in and out of sleep by the lovely orchestra. But awoke when the band played, wide awake that is!

Eve and her crafty cooking, had the children make and eat these little guys all up. I did not even get to see them, they disappeared into the darkness of some tummies mighty fast. She did manage to snap a photo of one I found out.
Russian Teacakes
1 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
1tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350'. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla till combined. Then add flour, salt and nuts to mixture. Roll into 1 inch little balls, or however the size your prefer. Bake 10-12 minutes. Immediately out of the oven, roll in confectioner sugar, coat each one and set aside, then coat again for a second time. Enjoy!
These have been a family tradition of mine when growing up and now my children love them as well.
Today brings us a heavy snowfall, baking spritz cookies{another favorite Christmas tradition}, loading more wood in the basement, and setting up the Christmas tree. We purchase a balled in burlap tree and plant them on our property every year. I LOVE pine trees, absolutely love them and can never have too many! I do not think I can ever bring myself to cut a pine tree down, only to throw it out in my life again....sad, really sad how many trees are cut down every year just for this reason.....can you tell I really love pine trees?LOL!
1 comment:
Looks like a fantastic Christmas awaits you! Just noticed your updated "about me". Congratulations!!
Post a Comment