Sunday, December 6, 2009

A weeks worth and the first snow.....

The Monday after Thanksgiving is an semi~official holiday here in Pennsylvania. See, around here, the schools are closed, most men take off work and the reason being it is the first day of huntin'(writing it as it is pronounced). My little treat to them was some nice warm hot chocolate. I peeked in on them and loved watching them all sit around the table enjoying each other and the tasty treat.....it is times and days like this that make this crazy life all worth it. The bond they have is far greater than anything I could ever had dreamed of. They actually all played with each other and helped one another, even the littlest ones shared in the glorious day. I will remember this one dearly.


Monday morning hug. Love how relaxed Jamie looks, not that often I get to see that and I love it even more that I got a picture of him this way.

Thursday evening brought on the fifth grade chorus concert for Eve. She had a speaking part, which she nervously auditioned for and thought for sure did not get. Congrats Eve on the job well done, you sounded lovely. And yes, this I cannot believe but two years ago was Ryder's concert, and I had blogged about it then, here it is. Why does it have to get faster and faster every year?

Saturday was insanely busy. A pancake breakfast at the Middle School, off to the mall for Eve's Christmas Carols ensemble performance at the food court~ they sounded terrific and many stopped by to watch and on all the faces who did stop to enjoy the performance had a big smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye...could it have been the joy of hearing a Christmas carole in a public place? I like to think that it was and will leave it at that.

We were due to get around 3 inches of snow Saturday and it was flurrying as we entered the mall. I had noticed however, that when the ensemble was playing Let it Snow, that the snow started to come down heavier. We pushed our limits and drove to a local greenhouse in which they have an annual poinsettia show. It was beautiful and the children were beyond well behaved, Jamie and I were so proud of them for that. Thank you my little ones!

So, 3 inches turned into 8 1/2 inches. And when that much snow falls unexpectedly, you might get this....the electric going off......they faired it well, after Maeve so desperately trying to get the television button to turn on, Leif trying to start up the laptop, battery was charged, but no internet connection.

So they sat by candlelight and colored, read books and stared at the glowing light of days from the past.

Next morning brought about a happy Aspen and Jamie.....

The happiness was brought on by the beautiful view of the outside world, all wrapped up in a new fallen blanket of pure, glistening beauty of new fallen snow.

Beautiful isn't it? I only wish it would happen more often around here.


I missed my two year anniversary of blogging by a week...one year I will get it to the day. Another post to look forward. Off to catch up around home, and maybe some knitting done. 3 out of 5 teacher gifts are done, not bad considering the time left until Christmas, 18 days to be exact. And no, we are not done shopping yet...soon hopefully, soon!

No comments: