5 years ago, my brother got married on the 12th{Saturday}. I was in the wedding and oh boy, I was so ready to *POP* everyone kept telling me, like I needed it! Sunday was the 13th and I have always prayed and wished my unborn would not choose that day for I fear Friday the 13th birthdays!! Sunday the 13th came and went, then at 1am Sunday night, I sat by myself in the living room for an hour and at 2am I woke Jamie to make a fire, for I knew by then he was on his way out. Griffen's birth was the most wonderful to date, peaceful, calm and quiet. Pure peace in the middle of the night. I loved that moment and still well up at remembering how he slipped out so easily and hardly made a sound, just cuddled in my arms and seemed so content to be there! Yes, Griffen is 5.....where does it go? He was our first homebirth in this house, our first one born outside of Allentown. He is a blessing, a wonderful little boy whom I treasure everyday. We love you Griffen! Hope your day was wonderful and many more wonderful years ahead of you with us!


No comments:
Post a Comment