Monday, March 5, 2012

3 weeks old tomorrow, oh my!

I am a true believer in the more children you have, the faster time flies. I believe it, the pregnancy flew by, the 15 years ago we were awaiting our first has flown. Hard to believe that when Violet is Ryder's age{almost 15} Ryder will be almost 30 and yes, we will maybe be grandparents too! Yes, time has flown these past 3 weeks, but they have been super busy, super packed and not all good, but everything is well and on its way to good again!
First, lets revisit that day, Valentines Day 2012........it did not really hit me till probably the eve of this day that how neat it would be to have a baby/birthday on this day! Me being the romantic person I once was and maybe will find again someday, used to love this day. Not really but dreamed big of this day, really what female doesn't? But when you marry the man of your dreams and he totally lacks a romantic bone in his body, it is a day that, eh, well, we move on to the I do love that man even with the lack of romance with all my body and soul and heart and well, you get it, I love him with everything I got! So this year, I got the best present one could give another in testament of their love, or should I say we gave each other? I like to think of all of our children that way, they are from our love of each other, so yeah, we dream and love big in this relationship{even without the romance, haha!} So, that morning we contemplated helping out a bit, castor oil, should we or shouldn't we......well, we did, less than 1tbls I took this time, last time it was 2! I figured if it works, than it was meant to be, if it doesn't, well, that's ok, I know she will soon be here anyway! It entered my body at 6am. Griffen woke late that day, I drove him down to school at 8.15am and thought, huh, maybe Jamie will be driving this path soon to pick them up?Nah, I was feeling NOTHING! By 9.15am while in the midst of winding some yarn, the yarn that was made into her sweater the week after her birth, I kept telling her I was not knitting another item for her till she was out~maybe that's what did it?. During that winding, it started. It was a constant pain, no labor like feeling contrax, but pain everywhere a contrax should be, but solid all around. It was odd...so what did I do, went to the bathroom tub and sat and soaked. By 10am we started calling for I could time them and feel them while relaxing in the tub. Luckily Tessa had stayed home that day, she did the day before for she was sick Sunday night, and decided to rest another day at home. I say luckily for she watched the little ones as Jamie left me and drove down to all the schools and rounded up our children. Everyone was made aware before they went to school that a phone call saying they are to come to the office and their father was picking them up, it was baby time and hurry their little butts and get down to the office ASAP! Jamie told all the secretaries this too, and they were all waiting in the offices by the time he got there. While soaking in the tub, I was texting my friends whom I wanted with me.....it was funny and I really have to print out that thread.....The first to arrive was Kim, she was a L/D nurse and I begged her to check me~Jamie puts it that I am a tell me person, I need info and input of where I am...she checked me and I will remember forever she told me today was the day, that we were gonna have a baby! Minutes after Kim got here, so did Jodi, she was Celeste's L/D nurse and we have gotten to be really close friends, thanks to Kim and Facebook! She confirmed it too.....but I don't think I really acknowledge that I am in labor, till its push time? Not willing to let go of my little one inside of me, that she and I will no longer be one breaks my heart, but I do understand that the cord has to be cut sometime, huh? 
We also had a photographer named Alexis, whom I consider more a dear friend now than a hired professional, whom took AMAZING photos of her birth, have to find out how I would share them here, chalk that one up there with the million other things in my chalkboard brain list!
After the three of them were here, I waddled downstairs and into my loving birthing pool. Robin, I had closed my eyes so many times and wished HARD that she would be the one on call to be here, after all she was the one who helped me through the beginning of this story, I SO BADLY wanted the last chapter to include her, for so many reasons and yay! She was due to arrive around 11.30! We waited and I have no idea how many times I kept saying where is she, where is she.......by 11.45ish she arrived! I was so badly wanting to be checked, I worked through 3 contractions begging her to check me while she spread out her gear....and by the last one, I knew she was there, waiting for me to help her enter Earthside! Robin checked and oh yea, she was there and I was given the green light, but knew that all ready! Tried the birthing stool, nope, did not like that, could feel her go back in??? Stood up to get out of the pool, nooooo, the water felt too good, knelt back down, Jamie brought the ottoman over to me, leaned on that and one push, yelled over is her head out? Yes, out and soon after the rest of her body, turned around to hold her{Robin had her} and her cord was wrapped around her neck, twice I believe, but hey, ops, she was born in the pool I later came to realize! Wow, that was a surprise! She was perfect, her birth was amazing and all was over. Till they had me over on the couch to birth the placenta, which did not go too well. I probably was not as aware as I should have been about the bleeding....I had a lot of bleeding, too much they all told me after, especially Jamie....he told me after he was freaking out internally about it...yes, post-partum hemorrhage, got a shot of pitocin and a drip of it as well as dose of Miso. They kept asking if I feel light headed, or weak or dizzy, nope, felt fine! The most absolute worst thing I have ever had done to me, Robin stuck her hand in my uterus to feel the placenta not wanting to detach, yeah, NOT FUN! It eventually came out, with a lot of blood and clots....not a fun experience but all was fine in the end! 
 Bobbi and Trish made it.....Natalie, the one I was working out in the gym with when I became pregnant and the trauma of the start, well, she did not make it, she was teaching a class at the gym, boo! My mom also missed it..Her birth was a total of 2hours and 43minutes, super fast, too fast, but so worth it and looking back, fun and crazy! We were surrounded with family, friends and amazing support and love! I know I am forgetting much, but have amazingly been given time to write this much out and am out of that time. I still need to write about the bad, this past week, bronchitis/whooping cough, not fun! So enjoy the pictures, they are the best huh? I know I love them and need more of them, pictures that is!
















No comments: