Monday, November 5, 2012

Safe and Sound...

I am so sorry it took so long to write my update. Sandy has come and gone, and I am so glad its all over. We lost power around 9.30p.m. Sunday night. The wind and howling was absolutely terrible. Never have we heard such a sound, but the most astounding event of it all, you walked outside and it smelled of the ocean, the beach smell right outside had me in awe! I had read it on Facebook to do such and thought yeah right, your outta your mind, but when I opened the door and took a deep breath, 200 some miles away I smelled the ocean. The children all took a deep breath and smelled it too, it was amazing and something that will probably never happen again, crazy, absolutely crazy! Damage to be honest, is not much around us, last years snowstorm we took the brutal hit of it, so I believe we were spared. I still say I would have much rathered have had snow, dh had to awake every 2 hours to pump the basement out, it was coming up fast! So all and all, we made out easy, less than 24 hours of losing our electric, it came back on sometime Monday evening, I dropped to my knees, thanked all, and teared up a bit! I was not looking forward to many days, but had prepared myself mentally for 7........


Trick or Treat went on without a snag.......Eve showed up a little bit later, she actually forgot as she was at the movies with some friends.


Soccer girl Tessa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear you were not hit hard.