Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day before the big feast.....

Ok, has not been the nicest weather around here lately, but today is not bad...I'll take that bit of sunlight every now and then!
I have been busy working on the Christmas cards and we even got the picture done-here's a hint.....on Sunday it started snowing and yes, we ended up with a good 6ish7ish inches! I picked up the kids on Monday from school and was one of the only trucks driving aroud with snow all atop of it! LOL! I felt like I was being strangely looked at in town! Needles to say, Oley had no snow, but atop of the mountains, we sure did! So, keep an eye out in the next 2-3 weeks for the Christmas card to come......after I mail them out I will post the picture! Here is out last years family Christmas picture:



Wow! Hard to believe I was pregnant with Maeve....that was taken at Thanksgiving dinner. This year, we are traveling down to my sisters in Philadelphia-YEAH no clean up for me-I truly dislike that part. I LOVE the cooking, not clean up though! And next year we might be off to Vermont for a New England Thanksgiving! Who knows what a new year holds, for any of us! This year I am most thankful for Buck being home! Even if he is a stubborn little brother, I still love him so! Actually, I am most thankful for my siblings, without them, life would be tremendously dull and boring!

Jamie is off of work and has the oldest 6 out to the Grill shop for lunch and I am at home with two sleeping little ones....off to hopefully finish Ryders sweater this weekend, then to live up to my blog title-knitting socks! I love knitting socks, granted I have only knitted one sock of a pair, but truly have fallen for it!!! It is addicting.............

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Amy H. said...

Hey Nicole-
I cannot wait to see this year's Christmas pic.!
Miss ya lots!
Amy H.

cso said...

Hi Nicole,

Funny you said that about socks - I am finishing my first one of a pair and I am in love with it too! I just figured out the "heel turning" info which was like Chinese to me... Trying to have a homemade holiday at least a little. Just made my first batch of pumpkin rolls and chocolate chip macaroons. Miss seeing you. Hugs to you and yours, Claudia
PS.: Of course it was you who got me into trying socks again... My first try, years ago, ended at the cuff - LOL!