Saturday, June 21, 2008

Some knitting done......

Miss Maeve has a new handmade tea set. Took me about a month, half of the time was learning how to crochet. It is not fun to teach yourself, you do not know when you are making mistakes, but it truly is rewarding to know that I can/did do it! This tea set is from one of the two best knitting books in the world Itty Bitty Nursery, the other would be Itty Bitty Hats, and there is a third on the way-can I scream YIPPEE!(I think I will stop having babies when she stops making such cute darn stuff to knit for them-haha!) . Susan B. Anderson (the author of these books) is a inspiration to me in many ways (knitting, crocheting, motherhood to name a few) and I love reading her blog, check it out often, she is really crafty and amusing!

On another note, I have picked the rest of the homegrown lettuce, we have planted beans, squash, and peppers. The tomatoes and potatoes are on there way. My father insisted on trying watermelons again (big FAILURE by us last year, he thinks he will succeed, hope he can grown as well as he can pick them, he can literally out of 100 watermelons pick the BEST one from the pile!)
The pool filter is up and running, the solar panel is yet to be hooked up-maybe tomorrow?
Off to a nice dinner date with Jamie. Hopefully Maeve will be nice to my mom-she is the only one that will babysit for us-and trust me, Maeve is not too happy about us leaving. I should actually say that Eve and Tessa babysit Maeve-Eve even said onetime to us that she should be payed for all Maeve did was follow her around!
Off to enjoy the evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! You did such a good job on that set. She is such a lucky little girl to have that mama made tea set. She's a cutie too.
Debbie