Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring, I hope, is coming....

Sitting at the dining room table yesterday, I hope to see a screen in the door soon, green grass, green trees, brilliant sun warming the stones of our house, and overall just a wonderful feeling of renewal! A taste of that is coming this weekend, highs in the 50's maybe 60's! We will be outside loving it up, even if we get muddy!


































Ever changing, growing, cuteness of Aspen.

Last night, I drove a loaf of "the bread"~more of this story down below~to my friend Bobbi, came home to this........my husband can now comfort Aspen for he has now taken to sucking his thumb when I am not around!


One out of six of my favorite boys, and the one man I love tremendously~and not to mention find him to be such eye candy in this picture, seriously, a grown man holding a sleeping baby~what more could you want from him!

















The bread....the book every blog has been blogging about. Easy peasy, artisan bread......I purchased the book last Friday, lent it out to my neighbor Julie, for lets face it, I am slow at getting around to reading a book, understanding the process and finally executing the project. Well, she made me a baguette yesterday, went out and bought the book herself, returned the book and I made the starter batch last night. I could not wait to make it any longer this morning and within a half an hour, all of it is gone! LOVE this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. I've been catching up on your blog tonight. I wish you were my neighbor! We could knit together. Enjoy the warm weekend.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,

This is Stacy...I worked with your mom at Harleysville before John and I moved to Minnesota. She gave me your blog address awhile ago because I always asked how you were doing and how the grandbabies were. Speaking of which, your kids are beyond beautiful. So, every now and then I check out your blog. I finally had to respond because I baked your 5 Star Oatmeal Cookies this weekend. I can't stay away from them. They should be called 10+ Star Oatmeal Cookies. I even did your little idea of putting dark chocolate chips in them. YUMMY!!!!

I hope you're all doing well. Please tell your mom I said hello and I love her dearly. I miss her so much. I hope she's enjoying life right now being out of "there". :) You know what I mean!!!!

Keep posting. I love seeing pictures of how your kids are growing.