While holding onto dh this morning for dear life, before going back to work after a hard long weekend, I came to realize we really need a night out together, alone. I miss him, I miss time just the two of us, alone and no one screaming or needing one of us{Celeste nursing, especially makes it difficult}. Life here is hard, period. There has been s-l-o-w going sickness through everyone, between colds and yes, the nasty stomach bug, Christmas and birthdays, a missed anniversary with no date out and I am sure I am forgetting something, there has not been much time allowed for the two of us to get out. Time, money, babysitter, and more time has been so hard to align up for a night for just the two of us. But somehow, through all this insanity{the good kind of insanity of course, the kind that means something, you know?}, I love him like I did 18 years ago. Him holding me feels so right and I know how deep it runs, for it must to survive all this and we do it with no looking back or regrets. We trudge through the thick of it, knowing that this love has given us so much that we stick it out and wait. Just a simple couple of hours that we can sit down together and gaze into each others eyes and talk and wonder about what the future holds for us, what our life has given us and so on.......yes, we wait, knowing it will come and is something to look forward too and appreciate so very much! Something so little to others, it is just a date out to dinner for most, would mean so much to the two of us. Yes, you really do need together time and we know that, but that is one of the hardest things for Jamie and I to get to do. You would think running a house of 10 children would be harder, but to us it is setting up the date that is the harder of the two....funny isn't it? But somehow our love stays strong through it all, and yes, I am deeply, madly, insanely in love with him still to this day! Now that to me is more crazy and unbelievable than 10 kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment