Monday, January 24, 2011

Shhhhh, can you hear that?

I sure can, it is the sound of silence finally here since oh, maybe Christmas??? Yes, Jamie is at work and all the school age children are at school! Now, don't get me wrong, I love having them/some home, and I truely have been ok with the crazy schedule, or lack of any schedule I should really say! But seriously, some down time for the little ones is so nice, they are veggin out in front of the television and just having a good go of it. I have an enormous pile of laundry almost all finished folding{hey, at least it is clean right? that is the most important bit eh?!} Oh, I have yet to mention a goal I set this year for my knitting...so, here goes it, I plan on knitting every child a sweater made from Madelinetosh Vintage by this autumn.....and yippee, I am almost done Aspen's, and that is Celeste's down below, 2 almost down and 8 more to go! Whew, is this going to be insane or what?? I love knitting, period, I just adore it and really want to light a fire under my bottom to do this for they are all so excited at the though of a sweater knitted for them{really, they are, I "met" with them each to see what color and style they wanted, they were so tickled!}...so, check up on me often, for I am really going to keep up with this goal! And speaking of goals, my weight loss is up to 15lbs so far....not where I would love to be, but where is that for any of us? Truth of the matter is, I am running/walking on the treadmill and have really dived back into my Pilate's, so I am feeling really great on the inside and that is a really important area to be in for my age. I can feel the difference all ready in the little daily things such as walking up the stairs, it just flat out feels good to be in a better shape inside, outside will come soon enough!
And I really must say how touched I am by everyone who wrote about my 17th post.......it touched me to know that there are people out there reading and keeping up with us and to know that we are not alone is a gift too you gave me. I am happy to report that even though Griffen had the stomach bug Friday night, by Saturday he was all better and my mom came up and watched the children while Jamie, Eve and I went out to dinner in Kutztown. No, I did not mistake Eve for Celeste...long story short, even had a broken heart. The boy she likes is not interested in her. It really hurts to see your daughter cry like that, I have been there and remember there really are no words that can help that sort of pain....I brought up to her and have on more than just this occasion that there are more fish out there, but had to say this too, and Oh em gee! did I realize I could sound like my mother and say, Eve, your feet have not even hit the sand yet! Yeah, I am old, and happy to be where I am, and really happy to not go through that phase of life again! I found the man of my dreams after many failed attempts! Eve read a quote to me too last weekend, "In order to become old and wise, you first must be young and stupid". Wow, ain't that the truth!


Wow, really again? Daddy/daughter dance this past Friday. Tessa did not want to dress up, she wanted to wear jeans! This girl is so like me it hurst! I am so proud that she wanted to do something different and it really did not phase her at all that she might be the only one there in jeans!! Ok, what I am in for can anyone predict with her?? Oh, and can I just say there is a jinx on the Freed household come the weekend of this dance....usually I am the one sick, but if not I, it always is someone else! And it was poor Griffen! Yes, that is right, after a whole week of no one throwing up, he somehow came down with the dreaded stomach bug. Ugh, I think I might have a touch of spring fever all ready!heehee!


 Oh boy, Jamie is going to LOVE this picture.....his little Eve and her first dance. My, there are no words are there dear?


Four girls and four times the heartbreak for him!

I really ought to scan in a picture of me smiling like this when I was little....how about it Mom, do what do you think?

No comments: