Well, not quite there yet! It is only Friday, but has been a surprisingly pleasingly full week of goodness all around!!
Starting with Christmas Eve.......
The family spent the evening with a cousin on my moms side of the family. The kids had a blast running around and having fun with two of their "cousins"(they are 3rd cousins, but the closest cousins they have and maybe ever will have(HINT HINT Matt, Marie, and Buck(I DREAM about being an Aunt too!)). It went fast, too fast! When we got home, by was there some excitement in the air.....the children were fast asleep by 10.30! I had warned them, however, if they were to wake or come down before 6.30a.m. they were going to sit on the couches and wait. Well, they made it to 4.58a.m.(yes, you read correctly!)! Jamie was camped out on the couch with Maeve and they awoke to blaring lights thrown on by Ryder and Eve! Needles to say, they were sent back upstairs! I awoke and got dressed, folded some laundry, and did a bit of straightening up......they were allowed back down at 6.19a.m. Not bad at all I would say. Santa putting their stockings at the foot of their bed was very smart! Thank you Santa!
Some of you know all ready, but for those of you who do not, our family does a Secret Santa. Each child receives one gift from one extended family member. They draw names at Thanksgiving (or the day after-we always seem to forget to do this after dinner!). They get so excited to eventually find out who had "them"!
Ryder-Uncle Ian
Eve-Pop
Dawson-Aunt Mer
Tessa-Aunt Dem
Leif-Grampop
Sawyer-Gram
Griffen-Grammom
Griffen-Grammom
Maeve-Uncle Buck
We have to take down the tree-for many reasons, the two most important would be that we buy a balled tree to transplant. Second being, we NEED more room! Pine trees are my favorite, I love them! This is a Blue Spruce (that is why the color looks so off in the Santa was here picture down below) and Jamie picked it out....short version of a long and wacky story, we had two trees this year-the first one we all picked out is already planted....maybe someday I will write that story....maybe.....

We take a family picture right before taking it down. The girls are dressed up for it was a trip down to Philly for the Nutcracker Ballet with me, my mom and MIL and my dearest sister and her fiance! The girls LOVED it! Don't they look beautiful! And see what I wore-my bare feet! No, just kidding! I did not get any pictures, what is it with me when I go to Philly, I always seem to forget my camera! Can you believe this though, they were actually charging you $20 to take a picture of the Mouse King or Sugar Plum Fairy, get this-with your OWN camera no less!!! I could see $5 or your pushing it at $10, but $20!!!!!!! Isn't this the time of year to be giving and sharing?????? Not too happy about that! Next year's trip we are hoping to visit New York City to the American Girl Doll Shop and Cafe......I am really looking forward to it!
Last but not least, yesterday-December 27th, was our 11th wedding anniversary! We stayed home, I was tired of not being at home!
P.s. The first batch of yummy Yarntini was a Christmas present from Jamie, along with a beautiful handmade necklace from my favorite jewelry shop kerrihale . The stones used are the stones of my children's birthstones. I adore her work and own many pieces!
P.s. The first batch of yummy Yarntini was a Christmas present from Jamie, along with a beautiful handmade necklace from my favorite jewelry shop kerrihale . The stones used are the stones of my children's birthstones. I adore her work and own many pieces!

The second picture of all that yummy Yarntini was a anniversary gift.....needless to say, I love my dear husband Jamie so much....thank you sweetheart, he totally surprised me with this!














No comments:
Post a Comment