See our Sadie dog......I think since her accident she is extremely camera shy. Every time you try to take a picture of her, she turns and wants to run away, literally RUN away! So this picture was a lucky, rare one of her straight one! See her eyes, as Sawyer whispered one sleepy morning to Jamie, "I think Sadie's eyes are broken, we need to fix them!" I laugh to myself every time I see her eyes and think of him saying that!
Saturday night brought us the ice storm. We were without electric for about 7 hours! After waiting for it to come back on, I started the cookies for the Girl Scout party the next day. The cookies ended up going to a better use for the party was canceled due to the power outage of many around here! I gave them to the workman who were working on the power lines down the road. After all, in the spirit of Christmas and a time of giving and happiness, I thought they could all use some cheerfulness, something they probably were not getting much of lately, not to mention the 16 hour days they are putting in! I have a great helper here don't I! One of the best memories you have as a child, licking the cookie dough! Mmmm!


This one caught me off guard....we did not even have to ask Ryder to read to Leif and Sawyer...he just did! These are the moments that make me love being a mom, seeing them together makes me realize they have so much-that they have each other and will have someone to lean on long after we (Jamie and I) are gone.......

Here is Tessa, with the annual 1st grade gingerbread house. Jamie did not even get to see this one, it was GONE before he got home. And trust me, every last lick of icing was gone! They sprinkle coconut over the icing-YUMMY!
Still have not started wrapping.....I think we are in trouble for some late nights here!
1 comment:
Hello! I found your blog through the Itty Bitty Knits group on Ravelry! I have 6 kids, aren't big families fun? I am so loving this time of year! Nice to meet you.
Post a Comment