Yesterday I spent all day with my wife at school attending first quarter teacher conferences. Throughout the day we had 5 conferences, one for each of our kids in the elementary school. You never know exactly how a teacher conference is going to go, but I felt secure in the fact that my kids are good kids. They respect their teachers and their peers and we have never had a school incident. Yesterday proved to be another day of great reports. Not only in their grades, but also in social skills and attitude. From my Kindergartener up to my 5th grader all of their teachers had wonderful things to say on their behalf. It hit me on the way to work this morning that I get caught up in the daily activities which there are plenty and do not stop and think that I have great kids. Sure they have their moments at home with each other, but when you send them out into the world they hold up. They give respect and are liked by their classmates. They get good grades are focused in class. Over the years we have had highs and lows, fights at home between each other, falling apart doing homework, disasterous sporting days, but these all pass. At the heart they are great kids and I do not tell them that enough. I love each and everyone of them more than they will ever know.
To my wife, we must be doing something right. Our love for each other and the kids keeps this family strong and together. We all could not do it without you. I am not sure where we are going to go next, but I do know one thing, I plan to enjoy the ride.
Jamie
3 comments:
How sweet! How wonderful to hear such heartfelt words about your family. Yay for dads!
Debbie
How sweet! Thanks for reminding me what I need to focus on more, less on the sisterly "love" and more on their inherit goodness.
What a wonderful post.
Congratulations to both of you awesome parents! Family is everything.
Post a Comment