Monday, November 2, 2009

Soccer, Halloween and a Little Blue Bird

The oldest of nine, but soccer player number nine, Ryder.

Sunday, we played a game that I will never forget, and I hope all the boys remember as well. See, our boys are not the best soccer players, they know it and still come out to play. Well, the other team we were to play, has to bear the burden of only scoring once this whole season and the heaviest burden of being scored upon forty-one times.....heartbreaking to me. But six green boys showed up on Sunday to play, you need ten to field a team, that includes no subs. So, Oley coaches lent five and we played, and played and enjoyed the game of soccer....not the win or crush them with all your might, but for the love a game. There was laughter amongst the boys and the parents on the sideline....none of the sideline parents yelling, just enjoying boys playing a game.....I really talked to Ryder afterwards about this, a lesson in life you normally aren't blessed to be a part of anymore, as a child or an adult it seems...{sad to realize this}.So a kind father from the green team wrote our coach, how proud he was of all the boys and thanked us for playing and enjoying a true game of soccer...I am welling up now and cried when I first read it. I am glowing with all the warmth and pride I feel to have had a son who got to be part of this day and lesson for all. Take with you a note to do one kind thing today, everyday, and even better yet, do it for a complete stranger....life is too short to not be kind and we need a lot more kindness in the world today.



While sitting across the field, my father spotted this tree. Inspiration, Where the Wild Things Are? I like to think so......

Saturday night, Jamie took this brood trick or treating. I stayed home with a sleepy Aspen, it was raining too...sad I missed it this year, but there will be another year too soon upon us.


A little something I knitted up last weekend. Pattern from here. The bird and egg are reversible......to stinking cute eh? That women is amazing!


1 comment:

Renee said...

That is true sportsmanship and enjoying the game ~ so heartwarming! :)