Well, another sickness~ a NASTY stomach bug~ hit me. This time it was 12.30am last Monday morning, or in other words Valentine's Day night. By 6 am I was drinking and keeping down some gatorade, rested the whole day, dh had off thanks to Presidents day, but by 8pm, back on my feet to run the whole household for dh got it. If you do not know, Jamie suffers from Addison's Disease and by Wednesday, I had to drop him off at the Emergency room for fluids and such. It was a tough week, in many more ways I care to share....emotionally draining for me as well as purely physically exhausting, for I dare not ask for help from anyone in fear they would too catch it, and I wished it upon not even my worst enemy. So happy we are almost into March......like I said, ALMOST!
These are pictures of the snow I planned to share before I got sick. Thanks goodness most of it is gone, though you still cannot see the ground. Not too sure how I feel about the snow, I really have not had time to enjoy it at all. Just whizzing by these days are, and being sick has taken its toll on my memory of it.
We decided to do something different, something easier for us now. We decided to do birthday cake on the weekend for the child that has the birthday during the week. It gets too much to have people up here on a school night, just too much for us and the children. And you know what, I really like the fact that on their birthday it is just us, just our little family~mom, dad, brother and sisters. A moment we all share as just us! So this was Leif's "cake" they are actually cupcakes underneath that globs of icing.
Monday, I do not remember much of this, nor did I snap the pictures, I was sleeping in bed when this all took place. Coco's first trip to the groomers. I heard she loved it and was very well behaved. Maybe might even make a friend or two for the women who runs it out of her house also runs play dates and there is a one year old golden who she wants us to get together with....I cannot wait to see that!
Red bow for Valentines Day! Dogs life sure is rough huh? Today was a good day. Got alot caught up in the way of housework. Thought we would have gotten alot more caught up this past weekend, but I would describe this past weekend as slipping on ice, every time we would get up, something would pull the ground out from underneath us, the weekend was tough even after a tougher week, could not catch a break at all! So today with James going back to work, the kids going off to school, I caught up on alot. Finished two hats over the weekend, story behind them in a bit, but say some prayers for whom they are going too, he needs it and again, I shall write more about it in time.....for now, hug and love the ones dearest to you not only for you but for me too, please!


1 comment:
Nice cake for Leif!
Coco has six cousins that she can always play with - you should bring her to Mom's sometime soon.
Marie
Post a Comment