Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Breathe round three!

I am a true believer everything happens in three's and today proved it. Earlier around 9ish I had numbness in my left fingers, went away after about twenty minutes. Two hours later, my vision went distorted while driving home from Reading. Called my family doctor, they told me to have someone drive me to the ER. My dad came up, Julie my neighbor made it home to watch the children and Jamie met me at the ER. Of course by then it stopped, but they wanted me to be checked out anyways. After a cat scan, blood work and chest x-ray, I am to get a MRI {which I passed on staying the night to get one there} on Friday, we believe one of two things, a mini~stroke or a painless migraine{which I had never heard of till today}. The ER was absolutely swamped and when we left, it was PACKED! So glad to be home and more thankful for my health!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, Nicole, hope everything checks out ok with you. You'll be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I hope it was just a painless migraine. Just take care and pray for the best.

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}} to you honey. Glad it passed and your doing fine now. Will be thinking about you. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole - how did the MRI go? Did you get checked for gestacional diabetes lately? I had it during the 9th month with Nick, and it gave me tingling on my fingers, especially in the morning. It (diabetes) can also cause blurred vision, I believe. Pls take care of yourself... Praying for you all. Claudia

Susan said...

I hope your MRI gave you some answers as to why you had those symptoms and I really hope you are feeling better. My own husband just had a stroke due to a hole in his heart,he regained all his motor skills back quickly fortunately, but he still needs to have surgery in a couple of weeks to close the hole. If, hopefully not, you were diagnosed as having a stroke I would be glad to share any and all information I have gained.

Renee said...

Nicole, that's frightening!! Hoping it was a migraine (and they don't reoccur) and you'll be fine.

Sending prayers and keeping you in my thoughts. So sorry to be catching up on this so late and hope all is well now.

<>