Well, last week was a bugger of a week. Between the drama of some personal family matters, to the S~L~O~W stomach bug within the children, I really want a break from it all!! So, my body gave me such, but not in the break most would wish for. I became terribly ill with a upper respiratory illness, which started with a sore throat on Wednesday and by Friday morning, I called the doctors! Yes, the receptionist, nurses, and even doctor all looked at me and said YOU, it is you here not a child?LOL!!! I love my doctors, they are unlike any I have ever been too. They want you to call them by their first name, people look at me and say "huh". And I have gotten to be close to a RN there, Rachel whom I adore profusely! Her oldest son was there, of course, the day I look like I crawled from my grave and did not even want to shake his hand in fear of getting him sick too, or her for that matter! Ryder was along too, complained of an ear pain and we figured we would try to beat Murphy's Law....we talk about our oldest ones all the time!!!! Would have been a perfect opportunity to "be all together" had I not been so ill. I hope there will be another chance in the future, we really all need to get together sometime! So, I am on antibiotics for 10 days. Now the stomach bug is mostly gone they say, not so in my house! Jamie and I had it in February. The children were spared, or so we thought! Two Saturdays ago Dawson came down with it. All week everyone fine till Sawyer on Friday night came down with it. Hm, darn it! Why on the weekends and so LONG in between??? Then Sunday. poor Tessa, talk about for 12 hours it hit her hard! No school for Tessa Monday or Tuesday! Then, I get sick with this.......did not even think about that bug anymore till Griffen and Maeve, at the SAME time on Friday evening at 7pm said their tummies hurt and for the whole night, throw up together!! I tell you what, Jamie has got to be the best dad in the whole world, for he stayed out here with them while I got my sleep with Aspen! I truly hope that one day they look at their dad like he is some sort of super hero for he sure was that night, to them and to me! Now, by Saturday morning they were better, slept a better part of the day but then it was Ryder's turn...slept and threw up! UGH! Wham and bam or what? Well, that left 3 more to go and on top of that it is Easter eve! Easter came and went{another post later} and the next victim was Leif right before bed{at least his candy had been digested and survived coming back up!}He threw up a few more times during the night and fell quickly back to sleep. Oh, forgot to mention poor Miss Maeve had it both ends, spare you the details but from what Jamie described, it was BAD! So, that leads me to believe poor Aspen has the bottom end of it....two MASSIVE blowouts in his diaper and a cry last night that sounded hurtful leads me to HOPE he has it in the lower digestive track....I believe I just jinxed myself, but hey, there is Eve yet to go....poor girl, she gets sick like Jamie....please spare me and her!LOL! So, I am TRYING to get better myself, but that is kind of hard when you have a household of so many, and most of them sick too! I look at this like this happens every once in a while and I am thankful when it does for that means that we will be "safe" for a while....who knows how many days, months or even maybe years. but for now, we will all survive this surge of sickness and look back on them like fond old memories, like when I am on the phone reassuring them with their children it will pass.....I fear that too soon and embrace the moment for now, even in sickness I do! The saga shall continue, I am sure of that!
Next post Easter pictures and the wonderful day it truly was with just our immediate family, myself, my husband and our children! I will never forget this Holiday, a rarity it truly was!
Edited at 5:03pm Since posting, Eve has thrown up twice! Been through every child at some end or another, what a glamourous life I lead!
1 comment:
Seriously not fun! And we complain when 4 of us are ill.
Hope everyone is recovered. Medal for Jamie!
Post a Comment