So, I realized the other day, I need a happy post. A happy post about the children, too much sadness and such going on. We need some happiness around here, have not seen the sun in oh, I really do forget, maybe last Friday or Saturday??? Rain, rain go away, PLEASE!
So, back to our happy post, below you are going to see the stuffed animals, blankets and such that belong to each child. This pictures were not staged, maybe moved a little to be in a better photograph spot, but all were found in their beds, where every night they sleep with their owner! Enjoy, I know I did snapping them!
Ryder's Pengee. While at Gymboree when Ryder was about 8 months, I showed him this stuffed penguin and he latched onto it and would not let go, seriously, WOULD NOT LET GO! Needless to say, Jamie agreed to pay full price and that the start of the love story of Ryder and penguins!
Eve's Beary. This started out as mine, I worked for Gap Kids and one Christmas, before any children, my co-workers and I feel in love with these stuffed polar bears, we all basically bought one. Eve carried Beary even when he was bigger than she. I will have to dig out some pictures to one day post how we carried the two and how awkward it was to carry her and her bear!
Dawson's blankie. It was a Classic Pooh Bear Bedding I had bought for Ryder. Ryder never latched onto it, but Dawson did. Even as a baby he slept with it and it has managed to keep its look, even after so many washings!
Tessa's Batty. Yes, a Halloween bat candy bag it was meant to be used as and did for one year. She would not let us put it away with the rest. Instead, she loved it so much I actually had to re-stuff it after a year of hugging and loving!
\
Leif's Peazy. When Leif was about 7 months old, we were shopping at the Disney Store. Again, like Ryder, WOULD NOT LET GO! Came home with us and has slept with him ever since!
Sawyer's doggies. He has many of them, and all protect him at night. He also has a blankie, but that is MIA...Jamie says it may be in the attic??? Will update if it is a found!
Griffen's Black Bear. Originally bought for Sawyer by me on a trip out to Boyd's Bear in Gettysburg, Sawyer never grew attached to it. Somehow, Griffen did and still sleeps with his Black Bear. The picture down below is of the tag that Griffen as a baby would hold and play while falling asleep. He still grabs it till this day too!
Maeve's musical seahorse. Maeve latched onto this when I bought one for Celeste. She really never had a comfort item, sleeping with Jamie and I was enough for her, but this she loves to fall asleep too now!
Aspen and his monsters. The first love was the green monster. While at Carter's I was all paid and ready to leave the store and saw the lost green monster. Love at first sight for Aspen! Then Bumble was bought for Eve this past Christmas. She was TERRIFIED of him while watching Rudolf when she was little so we thought it would be cute for her to get, but little did we know, Aspen feel in love with him and would not let go? Who would have thought such a scary looking thing could be loved so much by a 2 year old?
Celeste, the grouchy ladybug, she loved chewing on the antennas and still loves squeezing it! Then the silly giraffe/zebra stuffed toy my father fetched out of one of those claw toy grabbing contraptions! Not sure what attracts her to it, the colors are AWFUL, but she does love it! Yes, that is her sleeping in the background, head elevated and all for she has a cold......the wonderful back to school sniffles....every year they bring them home Labor Day weekend. But this is a happy post right, no complaining from me! I hope you enjoyed this little piece about the children, they do not know I did this and hopefully the older ones will love it! Happy rainy day!











2 comments:
My oldest latched onto her quilt I made her. She called it her pilt. I made her younger sister the same fabric quilt, just reversed the two main colors. She never wanted it. Elder also had a bear her grandfather bought her at birth, but she never played with it. By the time Younger arrived, that bear was Elder's. Of course as Younger grew, SHE wanted bear-bear. We tried to find a match to that bear, never did. Fortunately, Younger never got real attached to anything, except her Baa-baa (pacifier). We "gave" Baa-baa to her "baby" cousin. Cause only babies need Baa-baas! Her cousin is only 6 months younger than her!! LOL. Oh well, the mind at 3 yrs can be convinced of anything. Except naps.
Thats GREAT I love to read your post...
Post a Comment