Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kutztown Folk Fest, Black Raspberries and a Mouse!

Another year at the Festival.......minus Eve~she enjoyed the weekend at the Jersey shore with a close friend. We went the opening day for the rest of the weeks forecast was above 90degrees, and trust me, it has been there and above~with humidity! I have been living in the a/c house all week! Not much new at the festival, but we still love it all the same!

 The absolute BEST Flowering Onion you will EVER eat! Outback has NOTHING on this one.....
 even Tessa and Ryder gave it a try and LOVED it!
 Maeve just had to pet the bunnies......
 Then later that afternoon we received a phone call from our local farming friend Jillian they had a truckload of berries at a bargain for us.....so off to the farm to pick them up and the flat above was one of about four of them!!! We ate them and ate them and I even got to.......



give canning a try on my own for the first time...black raspberry jam..and red raspberry preserves! Will be canning alot more in the next few weeks, seriously not as hard as you would think it is!

I even finished up Maeves Phoebe mouse this past week!
The week prior to the fourth and all this happenings, of course I got sick AGAIN! A sinus infection in which I was on medicine for bacterial infection and that was not fun, talk about making you nausous, UGH! It hit me hard and fast and I knew I had be off to the doctors. Four more got the trip to the doctors too.....oh how I long for autumn and winter all ready!LOL!! Alot has happened this year and I am really looking forward to the happiness this little one will bring us! I am starting to feel big, but not in a bad way. I love being pregnant and feeling the rolling and kicking, for right now she is all mine and I like it like that...another reason too I look forward to the cuddling nursing time we get to share between the two of us.......oh, I am getting there, slowly but surely I will be ready! She certainly has alot of knitted sweater and longies, for I certainly have been knitting them all up and will have to post them all soon!

1 comment:

Juglugs said...

Now I have to find a recipe for a Bloomin' Onion - yet another food I miss from the 'states!