No, not to last weeks stuck in the mud, but a flashback of my childhood,er should I say awkward adolescent years???
Driving along home from Eve and Sawyers yearly physical appointments and a song came on the radio~yes Eve loves to search through the stations like we all did at her age that I heard a bit of something that later brought a flood of memories back to while singing, and said "hey, go back to that one". Well, the girls have seen the movie and after I said "that is the song from Pretty in Pink" she said "oh yeah it is". Would you believe, I remember ever single word to that song!!?? How could I not, how many hundred times that song was worded by me, not to mention the movie watching too??? It took me back to 6th grade, one of my favorite years of my schooling..Mr Finkbinders class, my first crush~the new boy who funny turned out to be from Oley and stayed really close too, but never even got to kiss, clamdiggers~God I hate looking back on the fashion!!, riding my bike that summer all around the country roads.....I guess it was big change that year, off to Middle School the next year~which I cannot say I was fond of at all, my first boyfriend who later CRUSHED me and growing up....something that time does fade from you when you hear a certain song to bring back a flood of memories and to think, I now have a son in his teens and a daughter coming of my age of life when I lived that song.....I love my life, I cannot say or write how tremendously happy I am.....not perfect, but I think I have done well considering who I was and how I got here. It truly saddens me to think that most children do not have what I was given in life.......a life and short time to be a child, free from the burden of growing up so fast, saying bye to mom and dad way too early in life. To understand what summer vacation is all about is another thing of the past for only us to understand and remember....sad to think that I have to teach my children so young to remember their childhood and how they love it so, that is this what they want to give their children as well? I would not trade my childhood for anything in the world, yet alone this wonderful life I am living in the present....all this thought from a song on the radio that brought back a flood of memories, that song was this: "If You Leave" by "Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark". Off to start a very good day........
No comments:
Post a Comment