I will write the full story some other time....just enjoy the pictures for now! Ya just have to laugh at life sometimes........if I did not, I would have been in my grave a long time ago!
Here I am, a week and a day later, but not too late right? Well, I awoke at 4am and cannot get back to sleep, layed in bed for half and hour and decided to write the story up~finally!
This is a dirt road I have traveled for quite some time now. I believe I have never passed a car coming this way, the other way yes and now understand why you do get over so much on the other side~it is alot dryer on that side. So I pick up Tessa from field hockey camp at noon, had four little ones with me, barefoot{country~girl in me, I know I shouldn't but I do alot in the summer}and big ole belly me, no purse, just a cell phone, which I was one with Jamie and then decided to pull over a little bit more for the oncoming car was not getting off the road at all...hhhmmmm, just that little tad more wrecked me! The oncoming driver even said, that he saw me, I was fine and then all of a sudden, I was almost on my side! The grass was so high and so deceiving looking, it invited me in for a swim and I could not resist!LOL! I had gotten off the phone with Jamie, called him back and said yes, I was stuck REALLY bad! The other driver gave us all a ride home, I could tell he felt awful and I really appreciated him doing this, really embarrassed about what had happened, but am looking at it like this~if this is the worst that comes my way in a while this year, I am grateful! This has been such a year of burdens and troublesome turns for many, I will gladly take getting stuck in a ditch over many other situations many have faced this year! So with the help of Jamie's mom, we got it towed out, quite easily I heard, pulled it forward and to date, it just looks like a little swimming hole on the side of the road, grass has popped up quite nicely....silly grass, ready for the next victim I guess!
This is a dirt road I have traveled for quite some time now. I believe I have never passed a car coming this way, the other way yes and now understand why you do get over so much on the other side~it is alot dryer on that side. So I pick up Tessa from field hockey camp at noon, had four little ones with me, barefoot{country~girl in me, I know I shouldn't but I do alot in the summer}and big ole belly me, no purse, just a cell phone, which I was one with Jamie and then decided to pull over a little bit more for the oncoming car was not getting off the road at all...hhhmmmm, just that little tad more wrecked me! The oncoming driver even said, that he saw me, I was fine and then all of a sudden, I was almost on my side! The grass was so high and so deceiving looking, it invited me in for a swim and I could not resist!LOL! I had gotten off the phone with Jamie, called him back and said yes, I was stuck REALLY bad! The other driver gave us all a ride home, I could tell he felt awful and I really appreciated him doing this, really embarrassed about what had happened, but am looking at it like this~if this is the worst that comes my way in a while this year, I am grateful! This has been such a year of burdens and troublesome turns for many, I will gladly take getting stuck in a ditch over many other situations many have faced this year! So with the help of Jamie's mom, we got it towed out, quite easily I heard, pulled it forward and to date, it just looks like a little swimming hole on the side of the road, grass has popped up quite nicely....silly grass, ready for the next victim I guess!











2 comments:
I assume no one was hurt?
Oh, groan... sigh. Pictures are the 1000 word story...
Post a Comment