Friday, August 12, 2011

36 and lovin' it!


Well, they say it gets better as you get older. I sure do believe that for yesterday was one of the best birthdays I can remember! Everyone awoke in a pleasant mood, usually you have one that woke on the wrong side of the bed, but not yesterday! Not only that, but the weather, was absolutely gorgeously perfect! I was kind of bummed that we had to leave home and miss sitting outside in it, but the days adventure proved me wrong. Our little "adventure" started out with a stop at the DMV, yes, 7 years has passed and I got my drivers licence picture taken. Fun, NOT and no, I will not share it! The women was not the most friendly and I could not break her ice, I just wanted to get out of there! After that fun deed was done, off o KOP Mall, another not fun task! Having worked retail how many eons ago, I detest wasting anymore time in a shopping mall. Now, don't get me wrong, I like to shop, but hate being inside a stuffy building. I have taken a fondness of clicking and shipping, worth every penny of shipping, saves me in gas, LOL! As we entered the mall, dead. Hardly a soul around but we soon found where all the commotion was, the Apple Store. Crazy I tell ya, like stepping into another world, country, whatever! Snatched up my birthday present, well, it will be shared amongst everyone, I am totally aware of that, a iPad, with a pink cover of course!LOL! Then we thought we would see the new Vera Bradley store, only to find no opened yet! ARGH! So around the corner to the Lego store. It has been opened for many years, but so much time has passed and my distaste for mall anymore has not given us the opportunity to let the wild ones loose in that store......needles to say, they had a BLAST and many want to visit that store on their birthday....come on guys, I will suck up the shipping charges! Maybe daddy will make that drive, heehee! All in all, they were very good and actually not too bad on the wallet, it was fun! Off to home with a stop at Sonic, yummmmm, then to the Youth League for Tessa field hockey practice then home. Oh, when we got home I had a delicious surprise from my good friend Kim, chocolate covered strawberries delivered by Edible Creations in Leesport. OMG, the were so sweet and delicious....I definitely shared and they did not last a mere 2 hours before they were all devoured!  The whole day had little bits of happiness sprinkled throughout it, like Griffens Kindergarten teacher, yay! Many Happy Birthday wishes from Facebook friends, phone calls, the likes of such little things were so pleasant and so appreciated! Thank you everyone, especially Jamie and my children for making this year, a GREAT one! Maybe it is a hint of whats to come.....sure hope so!


Next up, the above little one will be 1 soon.........oh my!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! You amaze me. I can hardly shop with two daughters!!! Best wishes for the school year to come.