So, after three years of vacation hiatus, we decided to venture up to Vermont again......I must say I was worried, about everything. The drive, how would Violet sleep, how would Celeste adjust to the "new" house, food, packing, oh I said everything and I meant everything! But alas, after the older children helping me out, they did tremendously I must add, packing 2 days before for we had dentist appointments the day before, from 1 in the afternoon till 6 we were there! Came home from there, packed the van and went to be by 10! We left at 3.40 a.m. and made it to Uncle Bucks town by 2ish, stopped for some groceries and were at the house by 4! His neighbors were so kind to let us use their lovely house, which many of the children wanted to call home, for good! The pictures below were taken the morning after our first day of arrival......
Our first trek out, Groton State Park, where we hiked in a little over a mile and ate lunch. The children enjoyed the cool, clear water. It was beautiful and we learned, next time bring their swimsuits!














No comments:
Post a Comment