Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lazy Ben and Resolutions...

This is Ben, one of our three cats who do NOT get along at all! They hiss and growl and spit at each other. In the morning they all gather in the living room and we call it the cat circus! If one comes near the other, they hiss and there is the constant closed mouth growling going on! It wakes us all up that is for sure! This was taken last night, when I awoke to nurse Aspen. Ben is gigantic and it was neat to awake and find him all sprawled out below my feet. He used to sleep in Ryder's bed, but since Spook has joined our family, he wants nothing to do with upstairs! Besides, our room is the warmest, it is right above the wood stove and I think he knows that!
Now, for the New Years Resolutions:
1. Lose 40 more pounds......yes,yes,blahblah, is it the most popular new years resolutions? I do not know, but I do know I will lose it for I am not usually overweight....I am usually pregnant so I have not known much more than that! But in the past I have lost it~between Leif and Sawyer~only tho have gained it again over the past three pregnancies. I have actually joined Jenny Craig to help me definitely lose it. I joined before Christmas and since then have lost 10 pounds! I maintained through the Holidays and am happy with that! I love the simplicity in the program and the food is not bad at all. The portion is what amazes me, we eat way too much!
2. Write more on the blog. I love talking and writing, but I am not good at expressing my words in an eloquent way. I would really love to be able to and I guess writing will only help that! Most of you know I have a longtime love of photography and have always been able to speak through those. I have the picture taking ability down, now would love the writing part.
3. Grow a beautiful vegetable garden and maintain it! This will be our third year and they have been ok, weedy ok, but I really want to maintain it and grow lots, nut volume but variety! Expand my garden I guess I should write!
Well, I think I am off to a good start with those. What do you think? Can I have some words of encouragement throughout the year? Can I count on you to hold me accountable for them? I sure hope so! And I wish all of you who have made them too, success in them throughout the year! Oh, and by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! May it be filled with many wondrous good, healthy happy surprises for all!

No comments: