Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ramblings......

Been away for a while, sorry! I have been very busy knitting, knitting a bunch of Toasts, socks, some more toasts need to be knitted,etc...Aspen had a cold last week, an ongoing one it seems. I will spare you the graphic details of what has been oozing from his nose! Yech!


I had to write this for my love came home from work last night with stories of his co-workers which he often does and I am blown away by these stories~and I have come to realize that I have married a truly amazing man and I need to toss some credit his way! See, my love is a very strong and vital part of my life and this families as well. I tend to tell people I could not do it without him and it is very true. Most men will just walk off to bed and leave their wife to stay up all night with a sleepless baby. Not mine, no, some nights I wander off to bed while he walks holding and cradling a restless Aspen. He will let me get some much needed sleep, 'till he no longer can calm Aspen for he lacks the necessary parts to feed/soothe him. He brushes the little ones teeth before bed AND tucks them all up snugly in bed. He baths the little ones if I need him too. He will lug with him an extra one or two if need be when running an errand. He will stop almost everyday at the grocery store to pick up something, a family this large always needs milk, bread, something from the grocery store with no complaints. He puts up with my addiction to yarn~he loves me and our children for who we are and I love him for that.

Oh, I am crying now for Darius Rucker's new song, "It won't be like this for long" just came on. He bought that CD for me and one evening~a bad day it was for me~played that song. If you never heard it, listen to it. Beautiful! Our children have a wonderful dad and will have beautiful memories of their father, ones of how much he helped out and was there for all of us, including mom!

Thank you Jamie, I love you!

2 comments:

Renee said...

How beautifully written, he sounds like a truly amazing person.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a huge fan of Darius Rucker and the Toast armwarmers. That song makes me cry too. I haven't made any Toasts with the thumb but yours look great so I'm going to try them.
Your husband seems like a total sweetie. Nice tribute to him.
Debbie Rondinelli