Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sadness and days go fast please!

Yesterday, my daughter Eve and the string ensemble played at an old folks home. I could not help but wonder what and why they were there. What brought them to a lonely high rise in the middle of a city....I glanced outside to see life going on all around them...women pushing strollers with little ones in the seat, taxi's going somewhere with someone, police cars, a blaring fire truck, city life~busy as ever. I thought they were once where I was at, a different time era, but they were young and had life at the palm of their hands....why are they here instead of with the ones they so loved and cared for? I do not want to end up there, in a lonely dwelling full of stuffy air and windows to look out of longing for those days. So these thoughts bring me to my loneliness right now, my other half of my life is gone for a few days. I am running this household along with the help of my mom for a few days without my other half. I love my mom dearly, but miss my husband all ready too much and he has been gone for 3 hours. So far I have burned the chicken, filling the house with black smoke, dropped butter on a hot burner and had to eat dinner without him. I do not like this feeling, of longing for the days to rush by, but along with the days passing will be a close end of two events, Jamie being gone and school ending.....something to look forward to I guess.......hopefully time shall fly, only for these few days of my life please.

No comments: