Friday, August 7, 2009

August with the hint of Autumn....

A week ago tomorrow, it was August 1st, so we are all ready a week into the month! I used to not like August at all, even as a child I had a great dislike for the month. It is my birthday month, but I believe that the start of school was the greatest reason for my dislike of it~never was the smart one in any of my classes, I wanted to be at home with my mom, who I loved dearly then and still do today. Not to mention the hot and humid days it brings with it. But my oh my, how things have changed.......I now am a lover of August. It started back some 15 years ago when I worked retail. The fall, back to school line would be in by now, so jeans were a staple, well, when you worked at Gap, they always were a staple, but you wore them in August, no matter what the temp was outside. And the colors, pumpkin, deep red, forest green, golden yellow, can you follow me here or what, sweaters, knitting, crunching leaves, hayrides, Halloween! Well, just at 10am this morning, ran down to the local grocery store and guess what they were putting out front of the store for purchasing........my favorite of all flowers.....yes, if you guessed mums, you guessed correctly! Oh did that put a bounce in my step! Not to mention this morning was in the low 60's for my walk, incredible walking weather, cannot wait for more of this and this little taste always makes me yearn for more.....which will come soon enough, for after all, with autumn comes the start of school, and if you know me well enough, I am sad to see my younglings get on that bus....even though it is for the best, for all of us in the end! Autumn is just around the corner........

No comments: