Saturday, August 21, 2010

Birth Story...


Celeste Luna~not even a day old yet!


It all started Thursday, while at my midwives appointment, she stripped my membranes and we talked about castor oil. I never had the nerve to drink or try that path, never really had too. But I was ready, really ready to met this little girl. So Friday morning was a deciding factor for me. I awoke to my normal bathroom trip at 2.30a.m. and really never fell back asleep. I just layed in bed until 5a.m and finally gave up and got out of bed to a very quite house. By 7.15 I decided to do it, scrambled up 2 eggs and the castor oil. It was not bad at all, just tasted like really greasy eggs! Nothing really happened, not even the vicious side effects~yet! So I decided to take a nap at 9am and slept till 11! By 11.30 the contrax were in full effect, 2-3 minutes right on top of one another. I even doubted them, thinking maybe they were the stomach cramps everyone talks about after taking castor oil. Went up to rest in the tub and by 12.30ish they had slowed down. By 1p.m. I had 2 rough ones and then went to the bathroom and started bleeding......more than normal. I freaked, I never had this happen, I did not like it one bit and Jen and I decided it be best to be at the hospital. So, off we were, Jamie passed a police car on the highway, went through one stop sign and one red light in which he literally went around the car in front of us sitting at it. I was totally fine going to the hospital, still freaked out by the bleeding. Got up and went straight to L/D, Jen checked me, 8-9cm 100% effaced! OMG! That was fast.....and the reason for the bleeding!!!! I sat on the bed, waiting for my bff who was at the mall to get there. The oldest 4 were on their way with our good friend Jill, but never made it in time! About 4-5 contrax later Jen checked me, I was complete and bulging bag of waters holding her up there just a wee bit. I said break it and lets go, so Jen broke my bag of waters, got down on the floor, pushed, took a moment and  said is she there, yup, pushed again, head out and another push she was entirely out! That was the darnedest, fastest, craziest, non-feeling labor out of all of them!!!! I was delighted at how quick she came out, I dread that head pushing, but she made it easy!
We all guessed her weight, me being the closest at 8lbs 10oz, everyone said really, no way come on.....but she surprised up all at 9lbs 5oz and 21 1/2 inches! My biggest baby by 5 ounces! She really does not seem that big, dense and solid she feels when you hold her! My midwife Jen on the right and Jodi on the left, I could not have asked for a better team...thanks girls, I loved it and loved having you both there!
We are both doing good, nursing is going wonderful, she eats for a v~e~r~y long time, expected as my milk has yet to come in and she is a very big baby! Jamie and I even got 4 hours of sleep last night, tonight will be the big non~sleeper night, so I had better be off to rest as she is resting now too!
Thank you for reading this and supporting me throughout my pregnancy!

6 comments:

Chéz Waldon said...

CONGRATS!!!!
I keep checking rav and your blog to see if she has made her appearance. I am so happy for you and your family.A wonderful birth, a healthy baby girl, what a blessing!
My biggest was 9lbs 5ozs so you beat me in the weight category. But he was 23.5 inches long. He was my hardest birth with horrific back labor. But he is also my most gentle child, very tender hearted and yet all boy.
I am just so happy for you Nicole. She is just beautiful like her mommy and love that pink blanket too;)

Get your rest and by the time you have time for Rav I will be ready to go...

Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a great picture/story. You look so beautiful. Congratulations!!! She is absolutely perfect. xo Debbie

Jeannine said...

Congrats, Nicole! She is a beauty!! Try to get some rest. ;) Jeannine (Caliknitta)

Courtney said...

Great job Nicole, she's a beauty with a delightful name! Thanks for the story, I'm so glad she made it out finally.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats and best to all!

Renee said...

Congratulations!!
She's beautiful! As is all of your family. :)
Welcome to the world, sweet girl. What a lovely name.