Friday, August 6, 2010

Extreme Makeover Home Edition....

http://www.causes.com/causes/215435/about?m=6f31e6e4

I have been following this story since it began, it touched my heart so deeply as I had just given birth to Aspen 5 months prior and cannot imagine what she went through. My heart aches for her and her daughter, every time I think about it I well up in tears. So yesterday while driving to my Midwifes appointment listening to a local radio station talking to someone who volunteered and the unveiling at 2pm later that day, I felt the urge to be there, not to see or meet the celebs, but to just be there. Even though the heat was terrible, the sun was ever so cleverly hid by thick clouds, almost like someone up there was protecting us, smiling down on what was about to be bestowed upon his family. The children behaved very well, I could not be more proud of them. The compliments we receive when out with them make me well up too...I am so proud of them!
So, here are some pictures of our summer last minute trip, one that I appreciate that we all participated in.....


We made one of the last shuttle buses!





Water donated from Wal-Mart.....much appreciated and loved!



Here they come......the most exciting part of the day!

Even though we could not see her reaction, I enjoyed being there for it!

No comments: