This morning Aspen went for his hernia operation. It all started about a month ago when I asked Jamie to check out his *cough, cough* boys down there...they looked off and me not being equipped with that equipment, I was not sure. He checked him out, twice after first time a quick glance was not good enough for me and we both were WOW, one was almost 10 times the size of the other! After a quick trip to the emergicenter, family doctors, ultrasound and urologist appointment, all within the next day, we were told to come back to the urologist two weeks later. That was I who brought him and as I told the Doctor it went up and down in size he was utmost certain it was a hernia. So July 7th was scheduled as his surgery date, which was today! Jamie and I awoke at 4.30am got ready, woke up Ryder and Eve and left by 5.30am with Celeste and Aspen. Yes, we drugged poor Celeste with us, but in all honesty, I think it did good for Aspen, he had yet another familiar face to support him...and Jamie and I had another to keep our minds off what usually goes through your head during your separation time....you know, the absolutely horrible handing your son off to a complete stranger and watching him stare at you, the.whole.way.down.that.LONG.hallway! Yes, they let us walk and hold him a bit longer than most and he actually took it much better than I expected, no tears{at least that we saw} and his face....I will never forget that. I still see Dawson clearly, that never leaves, it permanently is embedded into your brain and even more it is stitched within your heart, breaking it into a million pieces. But see, they do not see that, you need to be strong for them, they see you fall apart, how are they supposed to handle it? So you keep all the pieces and some magic is worked when you hold them again, all fixed up, that the magic brings it all back together! I do not know how Doctors, nurses, ALL medical staff do it, but I have a deep admiration for them.....they can be as arrogant as they want or late or whatever! They have fixed two of my sons, at such a young age, which I will never be able to thank them enough. I hope they know the good they do.....I hope people appreciate more than they should.
Yes, Aspen was back to himself the moment we got home. He has been acting like he never even had surgery....are we in for it tomorrow??? Hopefully a good nights sleep will be next and a good one. Aspen has sure amazed me, that little ball of love, so sweet to the kiss. I just love him so much and am so glad and thankful today is over, behind us and he is safe! Time to move on after these past two rough weeks, time to enjoy this summer and life!
Life is short and such a beautiful ride, enjoy every moment, I know I am savoring it, are you? I sure hope so, especially if you are reading this, that means your someone special in my life, someone who means a lot to me and thank you for being here.........

1 comment:
So glad he is out of surgery. I have not had to handle that fear, but I know I would feel so anxious and scared. I am glad you were able to hold tight to one little darling and your strong husband while waiting for the news.
Post a Comment