Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Steeking....

{oh man, a lost post never published, so sorry for my absent mindedness.....}

The other week I was so fortunate to attend a workshop on steeking with my dear friend Kim. I had a wonderful day, girls day out! And I must say, steeking still scares the living you know what out of me to do THAT{in case you do not know, check it out here on what steeking is} to a sweater I would knit, I found it fascinating but even more I enjoyed the teacher, Ragga, a lovely women from Iceland, yes, I said Iceland!!LOL! She has family around here and did a workshop at a local yarn store in Emmaus, Conversational Threads, if ever in the area, you NEED to check it out, a darling shop filled to the brim with lovely yarn and more! I am so fascinated by the thought of meeting people who knit and love it much like I do AND have been brought together by Ravelry. I have "met" people all over the world. So Ragga was a wonderful teacher, but even more would I enjoy just sitting down one day and chatting with her and I hope to one day soon for she is coming back to the States again in January! Even more so, I have told dh I want to go on one of her knitting tours in Iceland for our 25 year anniversary.....that is in 10 years and well since we never went on a honeymoon of any sorts, and have not been able to leave since we have little ones, well, 25th anniversary seems to be lining up good! Just hope she is still doing them by then too!
{oh, and darn it, should have gotten a picture of

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't fear the steek, it really works if you do it correctly. I have done it on superwash and wool and have had no issues at all.